Thursday, February 28, 2008

Introducing Charise's Pieces


Being an enigma in my own right, I am fascinated by anything containing more than what meets the eye, things perplexing, people that don’t fit into a box. If it makes you uncomfortable it most likely makes me squirm with intrigue.

I yearn to understand everything, which keeps me overcommitted more often than not and by default, occasionally on what could be interpreted as the flaky side despite the fact that flaky people unnerve me to no end.

In the recent years I have become nearsighted like the rest of my family. I didn’t inherit the big, sparkly-white teeth or the cleavage on the female side but like many relatives I am left-handed and even somewhat ambidextrous.

When I wear my hair down, 90% of my conversations that day will revolve around the topic of hair. As a result, I rarely wear my hair down and India Arie’s song “I Am Not My Hair” holds a special place in my heart.

I went to art high school (OCHSA), didn’t learn my lesson the first time and continued my studies at art college (Tisch) and now I have enough debt to keep me working the rest of my life in anything but art so I can pay the bills. Oh, just kidding. If only turning off the artiste inside was that easy. ;-)

Digg this

No comments: